- 5 (preferably organic) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (no sugar – check the label)
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Stevia equivalent to 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Place apples and blackberries in a large bowl
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour, tossing to incorporate all ingredients
- Place apple-blackberry mixture in an 8” x 8” baking dish and set aside
To make topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and oil.
- Crumble topping over apple-blackberry mixture.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350° for 60 to 75 minutes until fruit is juicy and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and uncover.
- If topping is lightly browned, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- If topping is not yet browned place in oven uncovered for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Note: Remember: Lightly browned is what you’re after. Delicious warm or cold.