- 2 cups cooked barley
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 cup thinly sliced red peppers
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill ( 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cups bite sized spinach
- 3 tablespoons tahini (ground sesame paste)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the dressing, combine all of the dressing ingredients, except the water and salt and pepper. When smooth, add some water to thin out the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the barley and lentils in large bowl. Layer the peppers, carrots and mushrooms on top. Pour the dressings over the layers veggies, barley and rice. Top the salad with the spinach and dill.
Before serving toss all the layers together.
Note: You can toss the layers together in advanced except the spinach may become a bit soggy.