- 4 large beets, scrubbed with ends cut off and quartered
- 1 cauliflower, stem removed and chopped into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cooked whole grain such as quinoa, millet, buckwheat
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the beets and cauliflower onto a lined cookie tray.
- Combine the vinegar and oil and brush onto the beets and cauliflower.
- Bake in oven at 350 F. until roasted, around 40 minutes. The vegetables should be fork tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then, chop into bite-size pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the hemp and grains to the vegetables.
- Blend the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour 1/2 to 3/4 of the dressing over the salad, then mix well. Add more dressing if required.
Note: This salad can be served over mixed greens or a bed of spinach. Finely grated feta is also a nice addition to sprinkle on top.