- 1&1/2 cups warm water
- 1&1/2 tsp. instant yeast
- 2 Tbls. dry milk powder
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 3 Tbls. honey
- 1&1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 & 1/3 cups whole-spelt flour
Measure all ingredients in the order listed into the bread machine’s baking pan. Place in machine and select “white bread” setting and bake.
Note: For a lighter loaf, substitute 1 cup of the whole-spelt flour with white spelt flour.
Peanut Butter or Almond Butter Bread
This versatile bread is perfect for small sandwiches. You can grill it, toast it or eat it plain.
- 3 eggs, separated
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond butter or 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. and line to bottom of an 8”x4” loaf pan.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, but not dry
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter (or peanut butter) 3 egg yolks, 1 whole egg and baking soda. Beat with an electric mixer. This mixture will be stiff.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the nut butter mixture to soften it.
- Gently fold the remaining egg whites into the nut butter mixture. Try not to deflate the egg whites.