- 14 pitted medjool dates
- 2 large organic green apples, pitted, quartered, skins on
- 1&1/2 cup uncooked oat flakes.
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- With slightly damp hands, scoop about 1&1/2 teaspoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue until all the batter is used up – you should have about 28-30 bite sized caramel apples.
- Store in fridge if they will be used with a few days. If not, place in the freezer.
Note: If you want to make these into a special treat, dip the balls half way into melted dark chocolate, and chopped nuts.
Stick a small piece of a drinking straw into the other side, i.e., non -chocolate side, to make the treat look like a chocolate dipped caramel apple