- – 2 cups cauliflower pieces
- – 1 cup chopped parsley
- – ¼ cup of chopped fresh mint
- – ⅓ cup red onion
- – 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- – 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- – 1 cup cooked beans ( I use adzuki beans – high fiber and protein)
- – ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- – 4 Tbls. Olive oil
- – ½ tsp. cumin
- – salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, (or using a manual grater), pulse the cauliflower until it is the size of rice.
- Put the shredded cauliflower in a large bowl and add the parsley, mint, onions,tomatoes, cucumbers and cooked beans.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and mix well.
- The salad can be stored up to 4 days in the fridge.
Note: If you are on the core diet, you can also add a cup of cooked barley, quinoa or whole brown rice.