- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 16 cups water or a combination of water and chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 stalks of lemon grass – remove outer layer and thinly slice into rounds
- ginger root approximately 1 inch wide and 4 inches long – peel and cut into thin match sticks about 1/2 inch long
- one package of baby bok choy (should be about 8-10 of them in the bag)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- In a large soup pot, combine the chicken, water and the spices and bring the liquid to a boil. Turn the heat to low and place the lid on pot. Cook the chicken for approximately 20 minutes until fork tender. Remove the chicken from the soup pot and allow it to cool to the touch. Slice the chicken breast into 1inch strips, them shred the strips with a fork. Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Add the mushrooms to the soup pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the bok choy and chop into bite size pieces and add to the soup pot. Place the lid back on and simmer one more minute before serving.
*Serve the soup as is or over a bed of Rooster brand bean and pea noodles.