- 2 teaspoons grapeseed, avocado or olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 zucchinis around 9 inches each
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat oil over medium heat add the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft. Add the zucchini and sauté another 3 minutes. Add the curry, salt and pepper continuing to sauté for another minute. Pour in the broth and heat until boiling. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for about 15 minutes until the zucchini is soft. Cool to room temperature.
- Puree the soup with the yogurt, basil and lemon juice., them chill before serving. Serve with a spoonful of yogurt and freshly ground black pepper.
Note: If you prefer your soup to be chunkier, grate some zucchini and add to the soup after if has been pureed.