- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large ripe avocados (or 3 small)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup xylitol
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mash the bananas and avocado together. Add the olive oil , egg and sugar to the mixture and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut flour, flax meal and cocoa powder. Blend until there are no obvious lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well. The mixture will appear somewhat thick and sticky.
- Divide into 2 inch balls and pat into muffin tins with liners. Add nuts to the muffin tops. You may have to push the nuts in a bit.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.