- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 eggs
- Combine and blend the dry ingredients
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat the eggs until frothy. Slowly beat in the coconut oil, honey and cider vinegar.
- Using a spoon, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and blend well. The mixture will be thick and a little lumpy.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 F. for approximately 30 minutes. The loaf will have a golden colour and the loaf will be firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool before cutting. Loosen sides with a butter knife.
Note: This bread is slightly sweet. It is better served with nut butters or you could use it as a sponge cake and serve it with plain yogurt and berries.
For a lemon cake, add 1 more tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, zest of a lemon, 5 tablespoons lemon juice.