- 2 cups organic cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons xylitol (or stevia equivalent)
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain kefir or plain yogurt (not greek)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven @350 F.
- Grease (or use paper liners) one standard muffin baking tin
- Combine and blend all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, add stir until both are combined
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: The muffins should be eaten in a day or two as they tend to dry out quickly