This can be made as muffins, serves 12 large or 24 small.
- 1 (15oz) ounce can of unseasoned black beans
- 5 large organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted organic butter (OR extra virgin coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup xylitol plus ½ tsp liquid pure stevia extract
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9” cake pan with coconut oil or a thin layer of butter. Dust cocoa all over the inside of the pan, tapping to evenly distribute.
- Cut a round piece of parchment paper and line the bottom of the pan (put a couple drops of oil so that is doesn’t curl, then grease the top of the parchment lightly.
- Drain and rinse beans and shake off excess water. Place the beans, 3 of the eggs, vanilla, stevia and salt into blender. Blend on high until beans are completely liquefied. Make sure there are no chunks.
- Mix together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, beat butter with xylitol until light and fluffy. Add the remaining two eggs, beating for one minute after each addition. Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix. Finally, stir in cocoa powder and beat the batter on high for one minute or until smooth. Scrape batter into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when the top is rounded and firm to the touch. After 10 minutes, turn out cake from pan, and flip over again on to a cooling rack. Let cool until cake reaches room temperature, then cover with an overturned bowl. Optional- use chocolate frosting recipe for cakes/cupcakes.