- 2 large eggplants, cut into 2/3 inch rounds
- sea salt
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Lightly salt both sides of the eggplant rounds and set aside in a large bowl for approximately 30 minutes. The salt will draw out the excess moisture in the eggplants.
- After 30 minutes or so, wipe off the salt and moisture on the eggplants with a paper towel. Next, brush each side of the eggplants rounds, then place them on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle each eggplant round with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Roast rounds in the oven at 350 F. for approximately 30 minutes. You want the eggplants to become softer with some nice colour but not mushy.
- Remove from the oven. Cover each round with the tomato sauce, then sprinkle them generously with both cheeses.
- Return the cookie sheet to the oven and place the eggplants under the broiler setting. Watch them closely until the cheese is lightly browned.