- 1 large eggplant, sliced into ½ inch circles
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- sea salt and pepper
- a small package hard paneer cheese, thinly sliced
- Cover the eggplant slices with sea salt for about 30 minutes then, rub the salt off with a paper towel. This removes any bitterness and draws out excess moisture.
- Mix the oil with the basil, and a pinch of pepper. Brush the tomato slices and the eggplant slices with the oil mixture on both sides..
- Place the slices of eggplant and tomato on the grill at medium heat. Cook for about 8 minutes then turn and cook about another 8 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Layer each of the eggplant slices with a slice of cheese and top with a slice of grilled tomato.