- 1 package Portobello mushroom caps (4-6)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari sauce (similar to soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary, (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 ½ steak seasoning spice
- 4-6 thick slices red onion
- your choice of real cheese thinly sliced (4-6)
- 4 thin slices tomato
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced, sprinkled with lemon juice
- optional: large lettuce leaves, collard leaves or cabbage leaves for wraps
- In a large bowl, whish together vinegar, tamari sauce, avocado oil, rosemary, and steak spice. Evenly coat the mushrooms and onions with this mixture.
- Place the mushrooms and onions on a hot grill. Grill for 5 – 7 minutes on each side, re-coating side with the remaining marinade. Top the mushrooms with the cheese during the last minute of cooking.
- Remove veggies from the grill. Top each mushroom with an onion, tomato and avocado slice.
Optional: To make wraps, cut mushrooms in half, them wrap in large leaves. If you are on the core diet, you can use non-wheat wraps.