- 1 large eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red, yellow or orange pepper
- 1 red onion
- several tablespoons red wine vinegar for grilling
- several tablespoons olive oil for grilling
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 6 cups loosely packed, bite sized spinach (or kale)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
Dressing – Combine the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cut eggplant, zucchini and red onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Core the pepper and slice into quarters. Brush a mixture of about 3 tablespoons each of the olive oil and red wine vinegar on each side of the prepared vegetables. Place vegetables on a cookie sheets and grill in 350 F. oven, until the vegetables are cooked and start to blacken. Cool and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the grilled vegetables, tomato, spinach and feta. Before serving, toss with dressing.
*For added crunch, have a mixture of seeds available to sprinkle on top