Recipe by: Courtney Hamilton
The secret behind these moist, super-chocolatey brownies? A Paleo, powerhouse ingredient: sweet potatoes!
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup, or more to taste
- ½ cup melted coconut oil + extra for greasing
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- Optional: chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease baking pan with coconut oil.
- Whisk together the eggs, syrup, and coconut oil until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine almond meal, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet. Whisk in the sweet potato.
- Pour brownie batter into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If using chocolate chips, lightly press them on the brownie shortly after it comes out of the oven.