Recipe provided by Ruth and adapted from freshjuice.ca
- 6 white potatoes, boiled and peeled and sliced *
- 4 sweet potatoes, boiled and peeled and sliced *
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, (grainy if available)
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2/3 cup olive oil
For the vinaigrette, whisk together the vinegar and spices. In a thin stream, gradually whisk in the oil.
Place the potatoes in a large bowl, once they are boiled, peeled and sliced.
*If the potatoes are still warm, add 1/2 the vinaigrette for better absorption.
When the potatoes are completely cooled, add the chickpeas, lentils, green onion and celery. Toss with the remaining dressing.
This recipe makes a generous amount of potato salad. Use the remaining salad for lunches.
The white potatoes can be substituted with cooked cauliflower if you wish to decrease your carb intake.