- 3 or 4 cups cooked mixed beans (or 2 cans of mixed beans)
- 1 can of albacore flaked tuna or a cup of diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tuna or chicken, artichokes, onion, cucumbers, tomato and spinach, then toss.
- Blend the oil, lemon and spices.
- Pour over the bean mixture and serve.
Note: Omit artichokes for advanced diet. Also, avocado is a nice addition to the salad. Sprinkle the avocado chunks with lemon before adding them to the salad.