- 1 package sweet potato vermicelli
- 5 tablespoons gluten-free tamari sauce, divided
- 7 tablespoons sesame seed oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced and diced
- 1 red pepper, thinly julienned
- 2-3 carrots, julienned
- 4-5 green onions, thinly sliced rounds
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- In a large saucepan, cook the vermicelli according to directions and drain water. When noodles are cool to the touch, use kitchen shears to cut the lengths in half. Toss with 2 tablespoons each of the sesame seed oil and the tamari sauce.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons of the sesame seed oil and sauté the garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms, pepper, carrots and green onion and sauté about two minutes, until the peppers are tender but still crisp. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted.
- In a large bowl, combine the vermicelli, vegetables with the remaining 3 tablespoons each of tamari sauce and sesame sauce, xylitol and Sriracha sauce.
Note: You can make this recipe with other vegetables such as bok choy, bean sprouts, or Chinese cabbage. Also, a small handful of peanuts and/or sesame seeds tossed into the salad add a nice “crunch” and extra nutrition.