- 1 package baby bok choy (5-6 per package)
- 1/2 package alfalfa sprouts, (pea or radish okay too)
- 1/2 package Mann’s rainbow salad (comes in a 12 oz. bag)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (one large orange)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- toasted white or black sesame seeds for garnish
Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients except for the sesame seed oil. Pour 1/4 cup and set it aside for marinating the bok choy. Add the sesame seed oil to the remaining dressing.
Wash and trim the ends of the bok choy and slice in half. Place in a bowl and pour the 1/4 cup of dressing over it. Heat the barbeque and set on low. Roast the bok choy for 4-5 minutes per side, lid down. Check to make sure if does not burn. When done, remove from heat and let cool. Slice each bok choy in half again.
In a serving tray, arrange the sprouts on the bottom. Layer the bok choy on top. Then layer the rainbow salad on the top. Pour the dressing over the entire tray of vegetables. Allow to sit for a few minutes for the dressing to make its way through the layers.
Serve with sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
Note: Inspiration for this recipe came from the LCBO.