- ¾ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 9 Tbsp cocoa and 3 Tbsp coconut oil (refered to as chocolate in directions)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- Stevia to taste
- Place cashews in bowl, cover with water and soak for at least 2 hours. Drain cashews, place in blender with ½ cup of water and blend until smooth.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or heatproof bowl set over pan of limitedly simmering water, stir often.
- Stir cashew cream into chocolate along with vanilla and spices
- Add stevia to taste
- Serve with a platter of fruit such as strawberries, sliced apples or mangos.
- If chocolate hardens, simply warm over low heat.
This can be used as a healthy substitute for Nutella ( Nutella is very unhealthy, read the ingredients on panel).
Note: if you want the chocolate to taste “less dark”, use 5 Tbsp cocoa.
These toppings can be added to any dessert!