This versatile bread is perfect for small sandwiches. You can grill it, toast it or eat it plain.
- 3 eggs, separated
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond butter or 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. and line to bottom of an 8”x4” loaf pan.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, but not dry
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter (or peanut butter) 3 egg yolks, 1 whole egg and baking soda. Beat with an electric mixer. This mixture will be stiff.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the nut butter mixture to soften it.
- Gently fold the remaining egg whites into the nut butter mixture. Try not to deflate the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Cool and run a butter knife along the inside of the pan to loosen the bread before removing it from the pan.
- If you want to spread something sweet on this bread, make some cinnamon butter by adding some cinnamon and xylitol,(blended into icing sugar with a coffee grinder or bullet) to some softened butter.