- 4-5 small peppers to be stuffed and 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef or chicken
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup strained tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the core and seeds. Lightly oil the peppers and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- For the stuffing, brown the beef in a frying pan until no pink remains.
- Add the onions, pepper, mushrooms, rosemary and thyme.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, strained tomatoes, and zucchini and sauté for another 5 minutes, then add the cooked quinoa, salt and pepper.
- Scoop the stuffing into the peppers and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 F. for 15 – 20 minutes.
Note: Substitute one cup shredded cauliflower for the quinoa for the advanced plan.