Makes approximately 25 – 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 2 tablespoons pulverized xylitol (you can use a coffee grinder to do this).
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a bowl, mix flours, cinnamon, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter with the sweetener then add vanilla and eggs.
- Add flour mixture and blend well (dough will be sticky).
- Shape into silver dollar sized discs and dip into topping then put on parchment lined baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
Note: If you like your cookies crunchy leave them in a cookie tin for several days.