- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup xylitol
- 2 tsp orange vest
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 eggs
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.). Set rack in the middle of the oven. Butter and flour a 9.5 inch spring form pan, and tap out excess flour.
- Place the ricotta in a large mixing bowl, and stir it as smooth as possible with a rubber spatula. Stir the xylitol and flour together thoroughly into the ricotta. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla, cinnamon, orange vest and sea salt. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours, until a golden colour. Make sure the centre is fairly firm, and the point of a sharp knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. It will sink slightly as it cools. Cover and chill till serving time.
- Serve as is or drizzle warm chocolate sauce on each slice.
- Chocolate sauce recipe- warm 1 can of coconut milk with 2 Tbsp cocoa powder. Sweeten with stevia to taste.