- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 traspoon balck pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use San-J organic gluten free tamari)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-2 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Combined the garlic, pepper, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cook on low for approximately 7 hours. The juices should run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and then, return it to the sauce.
To serve, toss with the broccoli slaw and red pepper.
Note: Can be wrapped in large lettuce leaves (or a quality tortilla if on a core diet). Recipe from the Grand Magazine)