- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced (including the green tips)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large pepper, seeded and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 – 3 cups raw spinach, (chop if leaves are large)
- 1/2 cup dried brown or green lentils
- 1/2 cup whole grain of choice, (I used a mixture of brown rice and quinoa)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 jar passata, (strained tomatoes)
- 1 carton vegetable broth (chicken okay if not vegetarian)
Place all the ingredients into a slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 6 hours.
The stew can be frozen.