- 1 spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 large red or orange pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 package mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 5 eggs
- Roast the spaghetti squash in the oven until fork tender
- When the squash cools, slice and scoop and discard the seeds, then use a fork to remove the spaghetti squash strands. Pat the strands into a greased pie plate. Bake the spaghetti squash at 350 F. for about 10 – 15 minutes to remove the moisture in the squash. Remove from the oven.
- Saute the chopped leek, pepper, and mushrooms in oil until tender. Lightly salt and pepper the mixture, then stir. Spoon the mixture into the pie plate over the spaghetti squash.
- Crack the 5 eggs and blend the whites and yolks together. Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pie plate.
- Bake at 350 F. for approximately 45 minutes until the eggs are set.