Advanced Diet – From Kim Roberto of Maximized Living
Makes 9 inch round cake or 18 mini cupcakes or 6 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups already cooked white beans (great northerns)
- 5 large organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted organic butter OR extra virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup xylitol plus 1/2 teaspoon liquid or powder pure stevia extract
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9″ cake pan with coconut oil or a thin layer of butter.
- Cut a round of parchment paper and line the bottom of the pan (put a couple drops of oil so that is doesn’t curl, then grease the top of the parchment lightly.
- Drain and rinse beans and shake off excess water. Place the beans, 3 of the eggs, vanilla, stevia and salt into blender. Blend on high until beans are completely liquefied. Make sure there are no chunks. Mix together almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, beat butter with xylitol until light and fluffy. Add the remaining two eggs, beating for one minute after each addition. Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix. Finally, stir in almond flour mixture and beat the batter on high for one minute or until smooth. Scrape batter into pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when top is rounded and firm to the touch. It may be very brown, but it is not burnt. After 10 minutes, turn out cake from pan, and flip over again on to a cooling rack. Let cool until cake reaches room temperature. Frost and refrigerate the cake.
- 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 6-7 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup xylitol (blended fine like powdered sugar)
- 4 scoops stevia or to taste
- splash of vanilla
- Mix cream cheese until smooth. Beat in xylitol.
- Mix in other ingredients.
- Frost and enjoy.