#1. Mango Salad (Core Plan Recipe)
- 2 mangos peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 red peppers peeled and cut into thin strips
- ½ red onion-thinly sliced
- ½ cup of thai basil (or 1 teaspoon of dried basil)
- ½ cup mint (or 1 teaspoon of dried mint)
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- A bowl of spinach or lettuce
- Chopped dry plain roasted peanuts.
Mango Salad Bedding:
- Mix the mango ingredients and let sit in the fridge for several hours for the flavours to meld.
- On a bed of spinach or lettuce, layer the mango mixture on top..
- Top with chopped roasted peanuts before serving.
(Note: For a dinner salad, top with grilled chicken slices)
#2. Indian Inspired Potato and Chickpea Salad
- ½ cauliflower, boiled and chopped into bite sized pieces *
- 4 sweet potatoes, boiled and peeled and sliced *
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, (grainy if available)
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the vinegar and spices. In a thin stream, gradually whisk in the oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, lentils, green onion and celery, then toss with dressing.
- This recipe makes a generous amount of potato salad. Use the remaining salad for lunches.
- The white potatoes can be substituted for cooked cauliflower but it will increase you carb intake.
#3. Freezer Mango Cream Pie
(Core Plan Recipe)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup nuts – almond, cashew, walnut, pecan or hazelnut
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 cups chopped mango, (if using frozen, allow to thaw)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons limes juice
- 10 drops stevia to taste
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- In a food processor, combine the crust ingredients and blend until the crumbs bind slightly together. (Place a little in the palm of your hand, and make a fist to see if it combines together.)
- Pat the crust “dough” into the bottom and partially up the sides of a pie plate. Reverse 1-2 tablespoons of the pie crumbs to decorate the top of the pie.
- For the filling, add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until the filling is smooth in texture, like pudding.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1-2 tablespoons of crust on top.
- Place the pie in the freezer for at least 4 hours until the filling becomes firm.
#4 Apple Almond Grain Salad (Core Plan Recipe)
- 4-5 cups mixture of cooked quinoa, brown rice and lentils
- 2 large organic apples, diced into 1/4 inch pieces or shredded
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbamere salt ( or sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad.
- Blend the ingredients for the salad dressing until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and combine.
- Top with the toasted almonds before serving.
#5. Pea Pesto Cucumber Bites
(Advance Plan Recipe)
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 large clove or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
For the Bites:
- 1 large cucumber sliced – will make at least 20-25 pieces
- Small pieces of sundried tomatoes or pieces of pickled peppers/ pimentos
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredient for the pea pesto, except the olive oil.
- As you begin to blend the ingredients, slowly pour in the olive oil.
- If the pea pesto is too thick, add a small amount of olive oil at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Pipe the pea pesto onto the sliced cucumbers, then decorated each canopy with the tomato or pepper piece.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Note: The remaining pea pesto can be used as a dip for vegetables and crackers.
#6. Layered Goat Cheese Dip (Advance Plan Recipe, Core With Crackers)
- 1 large package plain goat cheese (10 oz)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced with green stem included
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Combine the goat cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and green onions and blend well.
- Line a small sized mixing bowl with plastic wrap.
- Scoop 1/2 of the goat cheese mixture into the bowl lined with plastic.
- Covered the goat cheese with 1/2 of the pesto, then 1/2 of the tomatoes.
- Repeat one more time with each of the layers.
- Place another piece of plastic wrap over the top of the bowl and place in fridge for at least 5-6 hours
- To serve, invert the contents of the bowl onto a serving dish and sprinkle the top with the toasted slivered almonds
- Serve with a healthy cracker
#7. Spicy Cauliflower “Chicken Wings”(Advance Plan Recipe)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2-3 Tablespoons of avocado oil for baking
Breading for the cauliflower:
- 1/2 cup chick pea flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1&1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked is best, if you have it, if not, regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite size pieces
- In a large bowl, blend all of the breading ingredients until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower pieces to sauce and stir until all the pieces are well covered.
- Place the breaded cauliflower pieces on a cookie pan lightly oiled with the avocado oil.
- Bake around 15 minutes at 425 F., turning the pieces 1/2 way through baking. Remove from oven.
- In a small saucepan, add the wing sauce ingredients and heat until mixed.
- Spread the sauce over the breaded cauliflower, then return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Best served when removed from the oven as the cauliflower will still be crisp.
Cooling Fruit Pops Ingredients: -1/2 cup 3.5% MF plain yogurt -1 cup fresh or frozen fruit of choice. -Vanilla liquid stevia drops – 2-3 droppers full, to taste -3 tablespoons cocoa powder – optional Directions: 1. Blend the ingredients in a blender, then freeze in moulds. 2. Make bit size moulds to pop in your mouth on hot days or fill conventional popcicle moulds. *I used raspberries with yogurt; blueberries with yogurt; and strawberries and chocolate baking powder with yogurt. The combinations are endless. You can also substitute full fat coconut milk for the yogurt
- 2 cans wild salmon (@ 213 grams each), well drained
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons almond flour + more for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 & 1/2 cups of shredded and diced vegetables of choice,(i like to use diced onions, diced celery, diced spinach, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini
- Saute the diced vegetables in oil until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, eggs, lemon juice, almond flour, salt and pepper and vegetables. Combine well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the salmon mixture at a time and form into a patty. Coat both sides with a dusting of almond flour. The recipe should make approximately 10-11 patties.
- Bake in oven at 400 F. for approximately 10-15 minutes. Allow the patties to cool slightly before handling.
- 2 cups mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups eggplant, roughly chopped
- 3-4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1-14oz can of kidney beans
- 1 cup healthy grains of choice ( I used a wild and brown rice combo)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- almond flour (or another healthy flour of choice)
- Saute the mushrooms, eggplant and celery in some olive oil until soft.
- In a food processor, combine the softened vegetables and the remaining ingredients, except the almond flour. Pulse the ingredients until combined.
- Do not puree, leave some chunks.
- Scoop the blended ingredients, 1/4 cup at a time and form into burgers. The dough will be somewhat sticky. Using slightly wet fingers will help.
- Dust the burgers with almond flour, then place on parchment lined baking sheets. You should get around 12 burgers.
- Bake at 375 F. for about 30 minutes.
If you would like the burgers crispier, you can quickly pan fry them after they are baked.