- 1 pound pastured ground beef, pork or chicken (we like a mixture of beef and pork.)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 large handful chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil, coconut oil or grape seed oil
- In a frying pan, saute the vegetables and spices in the oil until the vegetables are soft. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, ground meat and the parmesan cheese. Mix well and form into patties. Grill the patties on low to prevent charring.