CORE diet – Thank you Bernie H. for this recipe
- 250 g buckwheat flour (2 cups)
- 250 g flaked or rolled spelt (2 cups) Note: You could use rolled oats
- 120 g sesame seeds (roasted) – a little less than 1 cup
- 50 g sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds – (a heaped 1/2 cup)
- 50 g grated almonds or hazelnuts (heaped 1/2 cup)
- 20 g of flaxseeds (1/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 300 mL of cold water
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Mix the buckwheat with the other dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and water to the dry ingredients and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Flour the rolling pin and roll the dough out thinly on parchment paper. There should be enough to fill 2 cookie sheets. If you need to, add another sheet of parchment paper on top to assist with the rolling.
- Score the rolled dough into squares. Bake for 7 minutes at 475° F.
- Reduce heat to 350 F. and bake for another 20 – 25 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool and store in a cookie tin.